Jerone collects information about its customers and users of its online store in order to provide its customers with the best possible experience when using its services. Customer data is used, among other things, to provide a secure service and to improve the quality of customer service and the online store.
Jerone Group Oy ( Business ID: 2381931-8)
Contact information for matters concerning the register:
E-mail: customer service (at) jerone.fi
Name of the register
Jerone customer register
Purpose of processing personal data
Personal data are processed only for the predefined purposes listed below:
- To manage the customer relationship and facilitate communication
- To process, deliver and archive orders
- To maintain purchase history for possible product returns or warranty processing
- To prevent misuse
- Improving the customer experience and quality of customer service
- Developing your own operations and services
- To deliver targeted content, communications and marketing
Data content of the register
Customer contact and ordering information: first name, surname, street address, postal code, postal town, telephone number, e-mail address. Possibility to send marketing messages to the customer, provided that the customer has given his/her explicit consent to this when creating the customer account. Information on customer orders, deliveries and returns.
Regular data sources
The contact and customer information in the register is obtained at the start of the customer relationship and during the course of the customer's relationship from changes made by the customer to the controller. A customer relationship is established when a customer creates domain names for an online shop or orders products. A marketing opt-out is selected at the time of registration. The customer can change his/her opt-out at a later stage.
Disclosures of information
We transfer some necessary information to third parties in order to fulfil our obligations in relation to the delivery of orders. These third parties include:
- Logistics partners who deliver shipments to a location of the customer's choice
- Payment intermediary partners
- Billing operators
- Product suppliers in the case of direct deliveries
- Customs in the case of products purchased duty free
- Collection companies, when an invoice is due and is passed on for collection
- The partner companies are committed to complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Regulation.
Principles of register protection
The customer register is kept in electronic form. Access to the system containing customer data and the right to modify customer data is restricted to specifically designated employees of the controller.